Global Solar 42W Powerflex Portable CIGS Solar Panel w/ETFE - Choose Color/Volt
- Calculated at Checkout
Global Solar 42W Powerflex 24V or 12V Foldable CIGS Solar Panel w/ETFE
Global Solar Energy is a pioneer in lightweight portable foldable CIGS solar panels. This panel is new old stock and has been in conditioned storage since 2014. Global Solar developed this Portable Power Pack P3 solar panel as a light weight 24 volt battery charger for the US military. This solar panel converts sunlight directly into 24 V electricity, ideal for recharging consumer electronics and maintaining vehicle batteries. The solar panel is unregulated and is intended for battery charging. Open circuit voltage (unconnected) can be as high as 62 volts. This panel has an extra special ETFE encapsulation that is not found in other portable folding panels that will add years to its expected life.
Please note this solar panel is new and has been in storage since 2014. It will output about 50% of its rated capacity out of the box. It will take 2 days of sun soaking to come to full power. All you need to do to sun soak is to lay it out in the sun. This is common with all CIGS Solar panels.
Choose color and voltage that you prefer. The main photo set shows the BLACK unit.
- Colors: Black, Woodland Camo or Desert Camo
- Model Number: 22042B (24V),22042A (12V)
- System Voltage Rating: 24 Volts DC or 12 Volts DC
- Nominal System Voltage: 24 Volts DC (24V) or 12-16 Volts DC (12V)
- Rated Power: 42 Watts
- Rated Voltage at MPP: 33 Volts DC (24V) or 16.4 Volts DC (12V)
- Rated Current: 1.25 Amps (24V) or 2.5 Amps (12V)
- Short Circuit Current: 2.0 Amps (24V) or 4.0 Amps (12V)
- Open Circuit Voltage: 62 Volts (24V) or 31 Volts (12V)
- Connector Type: SAE (Exposed Terminal Negative)
- Solar Cell Encapsulation: PET with ETFE
- Material: Tough Rip-Stop Nylon
- Storage: Two Storage Pockets with Velcro
- Folded Length: 14.5 in (368 mm)
- Folded Width: 8.5 in (216 mm)
- Folded Thickness: 1.4 in (36 mm)
- Unfolded Length: 52.5 in (1333 mm)
- Unfolded Width: 30 in (762 mm)
- Unfolded Thickness: 0.1 in (2.5 mm)
- Weight 3.1 lbs (1.41 kg)
- Power to Weight Ratio: 20 Watts per Pound
- Product manuals, data sheets, specifications, etc....are available in the DOWNLOADS tab above. Contact us if you have any questions.
About Global Solar: Global Solar Energy (Tucson Arizona) has designed and built lightweight Portable Power PacksTM (P3s) for the Military for over ten years, having developed the first lightweight foldable solar panels for the United States Marine Corp beginning in 1998. Their current designs are a result of continuous interaction and field demonstrations. This panel has been designed for rapid field recharging of 24v deep cycle/lead-acid, BB390 and BB590 nickel-metal-hydride (NiMH), and BB2590 lithium ion (Li-ion) rechargeable batteries. In 2003, this product line was tested and approved by CECOM (Communications Electronics Command) and subsequently they deployed over 770 solar panels for recharging the Bren-tronics BB2590 soldier battery pack. To date, there have been over 10,000 P3 modules sold worldwide through integrators, distributors, and government organizations. Global Solar has averaged less than a 1% rate or return per year for all P3 modules sold. Global Solar's P3's are rugged and durable. They have passed the United States Army's series of standard environmental tests, MIL-STD-810E.