Branson Ultraseam 20 Ultrasonic Metal Seam Welder with Power Supply, Actuator and Weld Head. This came from Nanosolar who used it to manufacture aluminum solar cells.
- 2010 Model 20 Ultraseam Ultrasonic Metal Welder
- Metallurgic bonds provide excellent heat transfers.
- Ideal for welding similar or dissimilar electrical grade aluminum and copper alloys and nonferrous metals of varying thickness.
- AmTech Power Supply Controller and Actuator Specifications:
- Maximum Power: 4000W
- Input: 20kHz
- Supply Power: 200-240V, 20A, 50-60Hz, 1PH
- Assembly No: V1A01213, W1A00170
- Download: Branson Emerson Ultraseam 20 Spec Sheet
Ultrasonic welding is a mechanical process. No electrical current nor thermal energy passes through the workpiece and no melting occurs.
It is ideal for welding similar or dissimilar alloys since resistance and thermal conductivity are not factors.
Non-ferrous metals of different thicknesses are effectively welded by this system.
The thermal and electrical properties of the weld are unrivaled by any other process.