This is a box of 100 Solar Cells with Tabs that Uni-Solar manufactured to assemble into the ePVL Series solar panel. This box of solar cells came from the main manufacturing plant in MIchigan during the 2012 liquidation of United Solar Ovonic the parent company who made the Uni-Solar PVL and ePVL solar panels. These cells were used to manufacture the ePVL or enhanced PVL solar panels that came in various power configurations up to 144 watts. These cells are made on Stainless Steel base coated with Amorphous Silicon which products an efficiency of between 6 and 7 percent.
- Maximum Power (Pmax): 6.2 Watts
- Max Power Voltage (Vmpp): 1.60 Volts
- Max Power Current (Impp): 3.875 Amps
- Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 2.05 Volts
- Short Circuit Current (Isc): 5.05 Amps
- Cell Size is 14L x 10W
- Box of 100 weighs approximately 32 Pounds
- These solar cells are raw (meaning non-encapsulated) and have no weather proofing and will need to be encapsulated from moisture. In comparison to CIGS solar cells these cells can withstand weather better and we have actually left a cell outside for over a year through rain and heat and it stills produces good power. I must say these are very robust cells for do it yourself applications. The output of 1.6 volts is about 3 times the voltage of a standard solar cell. So when combining them to create a 6 volt output to charge USB devices or 12 volt output to charge your typical car battery you will need to connect 1/3 the number of cells.