Uni-solar 7.5W 1.6V DIY L-Strip Amorphous Solar Cell w/Solder Tabs - Lot of 10
This is a box of 10 Solar Cells with Tabs that Uni-Solar manufactured to assemble into the ePVL Series solar panel. This box of solar cells came from the main manufacturing plant in MIchigan during the 2012 liquidation of United Solar Ovonic the parent company who made the Uni-Solar PVL and ePVL solar panels. These cells were used to manufacture the ePVL or enhanced PVL solar panels that came in various power configurations up to 144 watts. These cells are made on Stainless Steel base coated with Amorphous Silicon which products an efficiency of between 6 and 7 percent.
- Maximum Power (Pmax): 7.5 Watts [Average PMax of lowest Average Pmax box]
- Max Power Voltage (Vmpp): 1.60 Volts
- Max Power Current (Impp): 3.875 Amps
- Open Circuit Voltage (Voc): 2.05 Volts
- Short Circuit Current (Isc): 5.397 Amps [Average Isc of lowest Average Pmax box]
- Cell Size is 14" L x 10" W (35.56 cm L x 25.4 cm W)
- Box of 10 weighs approximately 5 Pounds
- We have many lots of these cells and they may may have cosmetic blemishes that are different from the 10 cells shown in the photo set. Please view our photo set and contact us with any questions.
- These solar cells are raw (meaning non-encapsulated) and have no weather proofing and will need to be encapsulated from moisture. In comparison to CIGS solar cells these cells can withstand weather better and we have actually left a cell outside for over a year through rain and heat and it stills produces good power. I must say these are very robust cells for do it yourself applications. The output of 1.6 volts is about 3 times the voltage of a standard solar cell. So when combining them to create a 6 volt output to charge USB devices or 12 volt output to charge your typical car battery you will need to connect 1/3 the number of cells.