Solopower SP1 60-CIGS Cell RAW Solar Panel 6.8-Ft x 14-In Connected SS Tabs
- Calculated at Checkout
Solopower SP1 60 CIGS Solar Panel Cells 14"W Connected Unencapsulated Stainless Steel solar cells. This is a rare unencapsulated 60 cell string of Raw CIGS solar cells that were staged to be made into a solar panel. These have never been offered for sale before. Solopower closed abruptly and liquidated in 2019 and this string was left as work in progress.
NOTE: THESE strings can be CUT TO SIZE and SHAPE !!
- String Dimensions: 14.5" wide by 82" long by 1/32" thick
- Weight: 1 Pound
- Rolled Up Diameter: 4" or less (However without encapsulation this puts stress on the connection tape that connects the cells together)
- Number of Cells: 60 cells
- Connection: Double sided proprietary conductive clear acrylic tape
- These are raw and unencapsulated very thin flexible stainless steel cells that can be cut to shape various patterns if desired.
- These super thin stainless steel solar cell strings came from Solopower Portland factory when they closed final operations in 2019.
Electrical Stats (Approximate)
- Maximum Power / Wattage: 40-50 Watts (Varies by String)
- Maximum Voltage at Pmax: 17-19 Volts
- Maximum Power Current: 2.5-3 Amps
- Open Circuit Voltage: 27-29 Volts
- Short Circuit Current (Amps): 3-4 Amps
- Tabs: Top Side string: Negative Voltage. Bottom Side string: Positive Voltage.
- 60 Cells that are .45-.50 Volts each are connected in parallel to form high voltage string.
NOTE: We recommend 3M -Tapecase 1182 double sided acrylic conductive pressure sensitive tape to connect more of these cells or tabs to the strings. Also if you need to repair, shape or reconfigure the panel.
Condition: New - Open box
These connected CIGS solar cells came from Solopower Portland factory when they closed their doors in 2019. They have been tested to produce power but are not encapsulated. Great for experimentation.