Material Research Corporation MRC603-III MRC 3 Target Side Sputtering Chamber
- Calculated at Checkout
Materials Research Corporation MRC603-III Phase Sputtering Chamber
- The MRC 603 – III is a 3-target vertical RF and DC sputtering system. Any or all of the targets can be used for RF or DC sputtering. DC sputtering can be set up as DC or DC Magnetron. Currently two of the 3 positions are set up for RF or DC sputtering while the third is set up for DC Magnetron sputtering.
- There is a 3kW power supply for sputtering.
- The system allows for the substrate to be heated prior to sputtering. An Omega optical pyrometer has been added to measure the temperature of the substrate.
- There is a load-lock which allows for an approximately 13-inch by 13-inch work holder to be loaded and unloaded from the machine without breaking vacuum from the main chamber.
- An 8-inch Cti Cryogenics Cryo-Tor cryopump is used for the vacuum system. The system also contains an Ln2 cryotrap for additional water vapor pumping capability if desired.
- The system is also set up to allow for RF bias on the substrate being coated. The RF phase between the target & substrate can be set to the desired value.
- The unit is now in storage and is being sold As-Is.
- This unit is available for inspection in Ventura, CA – 93001.
- This unit has been modified to have a separate RF matching network for each cathode. This matching network is mounted close to each cathode allowing for much easier tuning. Whichever cathode is chosen, it tuning network is auto tuned by the MRC603 for an optimal match.
- As part of general maintenance, most poly coolant lines were replaced with Teflon lines, however, the facility was shut down right after and the system was never tested. If you are interested in this machine for spare parts, it doesn’t matter, but if you are interested in putting the machine into service, then the system should be checked for leaks first before applying power.